Saturday, August 31, 2013

Vulture Update

As you know, the Vulture that was acquired was a prototype for a line of toys ReSaurus Toys wanted to do for MW4. The owner really wanted to preserve the paint job on this prototype, so when he sent it to me I only patched a couple really large and noticeable voids and built some missing pieces (arms and mounts).  The dark paint job hid a world of evils.  The Vultures have been delayed because the original is having to be rebuilt. Here are some pics to let you see why the rebuild, hence the delay, is necessary. I know we originally planned a 30 day turn around that has stretched to around 90, but trust me when I say it will be worth it. As a side note, we noticed these issues AFTER the first molds had been made and the first casts were pulled.  It was then the caster went back and primed the kit and we discovered "...what a piece of junk!" this prototype was. I am surprised JPG did not pack this kit up with a note saying, "F*ck you!" and send it back to me.

 You can see in this pic the air bubble voids that were revealed when the original dark paint job was primed. This is one of the toes on the mech.

 Here is the corrected toe.

 This is one of the chin mounted guns. You can see the mold line from when this was originally cast.  That had to go unless you wanted a double mold line.
Here is the corrected piece. 

5 comments:

Perversor said...

Wow quite a Handywork you doing there

and some ppl complained about overpricing them!!

Each day you update this with new pics about that godly vulture more in love i'm falling with it

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at that toe!

I think I might be developing a 'mech foot fetish...

Tim, please pass along our deep thanks to the casters for being so cool about this. And to you, too!!

Fusco's Battlemech Models said...

Thanks lads.

Unknown said...

I got my vulture MKII kit a couple of weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised. There were some seams that needed sanding, a few small dimples that needed filling with cyanoacrilate, but overall there wasn't a ton of cleanup on these castings, as I had expected there to be. The detail is great! Overpriced my arse! Work has been progressing slowly...if only because I haven't decided on a final pose for the legs as of yet...nor what unit it will be painted/marked for. I only know that it will not be a factory fresh paint scheme, nor will the legs be in the standing at attention/parked position. So far it has fallen together....with the exception of the feet. I didn't like the splayed toe look, so I changed it. Thanks for the great work, Tim!

Fusco's Battlemech Models said...

Thank YOU Perry. And a big thanks to JPG for all his hard work producing this kit.