Saturday, June 18, 2016

Fafnir Cancelled

I received a rather unfortunate message from the caster doing the Fafnir. This puts me in one hell of a bind. Not only have about 15 of you pre-ordered...but this was a commission piece that was paid for...not to mention the time that Brian Ware put into the plaques. Now, I have no product to sell and no master to send to the person that originally commissioned it. I should be able to offer refunds to those that pre-ordered and for Anthony...I will have to rebuild the Fafnir pretty much from scratch. Here is the message that just made my morning....

I am encountering massive problems. If there were a few issues, I would have handled them and moved forward. In this case, the problems are large enough and numerous enough that I need you to think things over and consider your options.

Big picture-
1. The volume of resin these parts are using will require an adjustment in my quote.

2. I found many cavities in your parts but not all of them- on most of the major parts seemed robust enough to handle some pressure. But the pressurized mold rubber found a way into your masters. I had to extract your masters in pieces.
- Normally the master being destroyed is not a disaster. A copy can be used as a new master and the mold simply remade. Not so in this case.

3. In each of the large pieces the masters were also crushed or twisted. I now have molds that produce twisted, "dented" versions of the originals.


With all but the very small parts, we are back to square one on this project. No good molds, no good masters either.

Please be watching your PayPal...if you received an invoice & paid it, you are receiving money transfers from me.  Unfortunately, PayPal does not allow you to refund an invoice after 30 days so I cannot get the PayPal fees refunded to me...I will have to eat those.
Post a Comment