Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Coming Soon!

Sorry for the lack of updates to the blog.  I have been using...ugh...Facebook a lot more of late.  It is just easier to snap pictures with the tablet and upload them to FB whereas to use Blogger I have to download stuff to the desktop PC, deal with blogger....yadda, yadda, yadda.

Anyway in the next few months I have a lot in the pipeline.  First off is a commission piece that I have been given permission to cast.  The Classic Battletech Firestarter mech.  The patron allowed me to play with the design a bit, but he really wanted me to retain as much of the TRO look as possible...and that skirt was no possible, lol.    Look for that to be available to pre-order in a few weeks. 



After almost 6 years, the Annihilator is being kitted.  Here is a picture of the test cast from the torso mold...probably the hardest part to make.  Not too shabby if I do say so myself.



Another client has commissioned the ill-fated Fafnir.  In case you don't remember, years ago I was having a hard time getting good casters to do my kits.  I tried a company called CelticWorks and it was a disaster. It looked like rather than de-gassing the rubber, he decided to pressure mold the parts.  Well, all my parts are hollow and cannot handle 65 PSI.  All the parts were crushed...the patterns destroyed. The client that initially commissioned the piece has asked to have another go at it so look for it this summer.



And finally, I have acquired the rights to produce the Stormcrow.  Many moons ago, a Canadian artist was commissioned by Armorcast to make the Stormcrow to go with their other kits.  Well, things did not work out with Armorcast and the kit never saw production.  The artist sold a few to some of us die-hards but that was about it.  Ravenstar Studios tried re-casting them last year but we got that shut down.  The artist has sold me his masters as well as a few updated 3D printed parts so look for that kit this summer.  

2 comments:

Padre^ said...

Hey Tim, can I ask why RavenStar were shut down, with the StormCrow? Was it an IP issue, or the ownership of the original physical model that was the issue? Also, I'll be in for one of them - have got the rest of the Armorcast models! :)

Mkell said...

I'm curious about that too.