Thursday, February 16, 2012

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a...Flea?

So, I have been trying to use the paper models found at MW3.org to make plastic models.  Scott at the Messy Desk blog is the Jedi Master...he has been fine tuning his skill for some time.  I have only been playing with this for a few months now.  Here is my latest attempt...a Flea.  You have to love the chicken-leg designs!  This design sparked my interest much more than the original TRO version seen here.

First, I cut out the general pattern and started gluing stuff together.


Once I was happy with the general shapes, I started detailing the mech.  It is hard to get an idea of how it looks until you hit it with some primer.  Here is where it stands now. I am working on the hip area and will hopefully have it done soon.

2 comments:

David White Illustration said...

Nicely done! One of my favorites from MW4. Please let me know if these ever become available. I would love to add one to my collection. I bought Simon's Hunchback from eBay and it arrived today. Can't wait to get it cleaned up.

Fusco's Battlemech Models said...

Thanks DW. I would love to get these produced, but the cost up front is prohibitive. I am guessing a run of 15-20 would run about $1000.