Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Big Bonus Reveal

During the Victor pre-order, I said I was working on something special for my repeat customers.  There is a handful of you who have been super supportive as I have struggled to get these mechs into production.

Switch gears.  I need to introduce David White...an illustrator and mecha-master. He designed a lot of the mechs for Mechwarrior 4: Mercs...including the Victor. He is also a bit of a fan of the mechs Scott and I produce...especially when they are mechs he (re)designed.  I contacted him about the Victor and doing something special for those who had prepaid for the Cougar, the Daishi, and now the Victor.  David pulled out his original marker drawings of the Victor, scanned them into his computer and printed them out on HQ 8*10 sheets and signed each one. So, my regulars will be getting 8*10 prints of the artwork that inspired the model...signed by David himself.  I think that is just pretty damn cool. Below is an example...actual print will vary.


2 comments:

David White Illustration said...

Hi Tim! I should note that the scans were made from the original art so the right weapon is slightly different. The final version you posted was digitally edited (back in the day) to make the gun bigger. Also, the Prints are double sided and show what the original drawing looked like on the back. I did that because markers bleed through the paper and the backsides of marker drawings are often just as interesting as the fronts!

Fusco's Battlemech Models said...

Cool...this is just to give everyone an idea of what we did. Thanks for the clarification!