Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Always Something....

So, the Fleas are supposed to be finished up this week.   Still not the 4 week turn around I was gunning for, but if it is the quality of the Vulture I can wait.   There are about 4 Vultures left and after they are gone, they are gone.  The large molds are not pulling decent casts and I am not paying for more molds.  Once these are gone, the Vulture line will be closed. 

I have been asked why I "close lines." Each run is 30-40 kits depending on how long the molds hold. Usually, those who want them will buy them in the first run.  If I make another run (like I did with the Puma/Adder) I will end up with stock that takes a year or more to move.  That is money that could gone into producing a different kit. So, once the first round of molds breaks down, the line closes.

Progress on other builds:  NONE.  My son brought home a Parvovirus from school a couple weeks ago.  My wife and I have both contracted it.  What does that mean?  Well, in adults it manifests as joint pain...severe joint pain...and some fatigue that can last for weeks or even months.  I can't hold a hobby knife, sanding stick, paint brush, etc. without my hands aching.  I had Friday, Monday and Tuesday set a side to work kits/commissions but have gotten absolutely nothing done.  Sorry about that.

BTW, any thoughts on the Avatar Omnimech?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you and the missus are feeling better soon - sounds like a horrible bug.

Re the Avatar, has potential, but would much prefer to see a Masakari or Madcat II first... :)

Jim.

scott said...

Started on an Avatar a while back, never finished it. Love to see your take.

Jac said...

Seriously interested in buying a vulture if you have any left. on your mail list under jac1975asc@hotmail.com

Fusco's Battlemech Models said...

Jac...use the Marketplace link to go to the page to purchase a Vulture. Its all automated through PayPal.