Sunday, December 1, 2013

Its December? Crap....

Alright everyone.  Time for some brutal honesty....I don't think we are going to make the 4 mech mark this year...but not for lack of trying.  We got the Victor, Vulture and Flea out the door but it seems the Annihilator is not going to make it.  Even with the firm commitments we won't come close to making the pre-order requirements and with it being Christmas and Scott's deciding to get one more mech cast it seems like the fates are aligning against FCY.  I will keep the pre-order open through the 13th as I originally said I would, but without a Christmas miracle the Annihilator will end up back in the display case.

A regular customer and follower named Sam has started his own blog called Myomer Dreams.  He did a really neat article discussing the old Tyco Battletech toys.  Check it out here.

Sam also was talking about commissioning a Crab.  He pointed out that I have cast up light mechs and heavy/assault mechs but there is a gap in the medium mech range.  At first, I was not sure about it but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of making a Crab.  That design has a lot of potential for a scratch builder like me.  Any thoughts on casting that one?

2 comments:

Caveat Huckster said...

I could get behind the crab production. It represents a vehicle that spans the eras from the star league on. Perfect for mixing with troops and vehicle combat. Which is where our game club is going. The 100 ton, clan, and bruit mechs have flooded the market ;they aren't much fun to play with infantry.

Anonymous said...

I heartily second the Crab, but I don't know when I'll have the funds for one. Medums definitely need more attention!