Friday, March 21, 2014

Mechs from Jon

On to the fun stuff.  Jon is a follower who has ordered my kits and has been building his own mechs for a long time.  He sent me some pics of his builds.  I am impressed.  His work is mainly in 1/48 scale because, "there are so many aircraft kits in that scale and accessories, flight crew, deck crew etc." He is planning a mech bay to go with his kits.

Jon also said, "I have built a Mad Cat, Mad Cat Mk ll, Masakari, Puma from Mechwarrior 3, Vulture, Bushwacker, Roadrunner, Shadowcat, Thor, [and]Warhammer being attacked by Clan Elementals in desert terrain. If there are any in particular you would like to see let me know and I will sent you some photos."  What do you all say?  More photos?  I am a big YES!

Here are some pics...comments welcome!  BTW, I love the Kell Hound scheme...always one of my favorites!











7 comments:

Padre^ said...

Those are great - love his work! Would really like to see some more photos...

I think that you need to kit out your Masakari, Tim - Jon's is great, would like to see yours available.

Off now to look up the "Roadrunner" mech...

scott said...

I had seen that Masakari like 10 years ago and thats what made me want one. Nice to have a name to go with that pic.

Fusco's Battlemech Models said...

I may do the Masakari later this year. Right now I am trying to finish the Uziel so I can get it off to the caster. Then I was thinking the Nova Cat or the Masakari.

Unknown said...

They're all really cool...but the Masakari rocks... and dig that Shadowcat! I'd be in for both Nova and Masakari.

Unknown said...

Oh, and sorry to hear about the car probs, Tim. That sucks...but 300K is a pretty decent service life. My Dodge Ram has 250K miles on it and still runs great. These days I'm not as confident as I used to be about taking it too far from home...

Fusco's Battlemech Models said...

I am not complaining...too much. I agree that 300K is a good life. That poor car was ridden hard.

Unknown said...

Oh, BTW...Yes on the "more photos". I enjoy seeing other folks work.