Saturday, September 27, 2014

Turn out the lights when you leave...

Ahh...a fine fall morning here is the south eastern United States. Birds chirping, breeze blowing, and storm clouds on the horizon.

Speaking of storm clouds...this has been a bad year for Battlemechs. Sales have been awful...only one pre-order was fully funded...the Jumpstarter flopped...and I have not been able to figure out exactly why...although I have my theories.

That being said, after a lot of thought and consideration I have decided to scale back production to minimal levels. In fact, after the Dervish run I plan on doing only two more mechs.  I am currently working the Vulture MK IV.  If that pre-order is fully funded, it will be produced in the spring of 2015. After that, I am going to finish the Nova that Dave chose in the Jumpstarter. Beyond that, I have no plans to produce more mechs. Once mechs in the store sell out, don't plan on seeing restocks any time soon.

The site will not go away.  I will post pics of what I am scratch building and regular builds.  If anyone submits pics, I will post them. I will still take one-off commissions but I guarantee that prices will start to reflect market rates since I won't be building them with an eye towards casting.

What is all boils down to is a cost/benefit analysis.  When the costs outweigh the benefits, its time to rethink things...and that is about where we are these days..."too much red ink in the ledger."

So, keep checking in...I am always working on something...just don't look for new kit announcements and don't be surprised when the Marketplace link goes away.

No comments: