Friday, May 1, 2020

Another Overdue Update

Hey all...yet again a long time between updates. There has actually been a lot going on both good and bad. 

The "Beer Flu" (can't say the 'c' word) has really affected business.  Lots of order cancellations...and I can't say I blame people.  Schools have been closed so there has been a lot of home schooling.  Toilet paper can't be found in any store...not sure why people are hoarding toilet paper for a respiratory flu. 

Personally, I have been battling a deep funk...can't seem to shake it.

I invested in an AnyCubic Photon S 3D printer with a lot of support from a patron.  It worked for about 2 months before the cooling fan died, then the LCD died, now the touch screen has crapped out. Overall it has turned out to be a piece of shite.  I then invested in an Elegoo Mars and couldn't be happier. 

MECHS

Two commissions are in progress at this time.  There is a Stalker that is going to have elements from the MWO version and the Classic and the Stalker II.  Here are some pics....


I also made an Urbanmech.  Unfortunately, when I created a poll on the Facebook page to gauge potential buyers, only a couple people were interested so the Urbie is going into a box and in the closet. 

I tried 3D printing a Shilone Aerotech fighter but it came out closer to 1/100 scale.  No one, again, seemed interested so that is back in a box. 

Then I moved on to a vanity project...the Mackie.  I was 3D printing one based on the drawing below.  However, when I posted pictures of the progress of my print I was contacted by a 3D artist asking where I got the files.  When I told him he was able to show me that the 3D file I had was one he created that one time use type of thing and the person I commissioned to do it had no permission to share the file so yet another project shelved.  





OTHER WORK

I was commissioned to do some 3D prints for the Fallout table top game.  I printed an APC for a client and I also printed and molded/cast some kind of car based on a file the client sent.  I have a couple copies of the sedan if anyone is interested.  



RANDOM STUFF

With the 3D printer, I can finally have ships I always wanted.  I have made a couple Macross ships and one from a video game.  Nice. 



And since all the restaurants and stores were closed during our anniversary, I decided to give my wife a Corona...she wasn't amused. 


Finally, if anyone comes across this kit, let me know.  It is a Grail Kit of mine and I can't find it anywhere....

Carry On Mechwarriors...

1 comment:

The New, The Old, The NewlyOld said...

my son in law is looking for the Battletech Maurauder model kit. He had them years ago when he was younger, but I'm having a difficult time finding them. I was wondering if you know of anywhere to get them, or if you 3d print the kits for sale?